I ran the air conditioner all night our first night here and Deb did too. It wasn’t hot, but muggy. When I got up this morning, Intellicast said it was 68 degrees here with 95% humidity! And it wasn’t raining! I didn’t know you could have humidity like that without rain. UGH! But the temps are really nice for the next 4 days…in the 60’s, my favorite! But humidity still running high…85% right now. Yhen last night the temps got down tp 46 degrees and I was freezing with just my sheet and flimsy light blanket!! My heavier quilt was in the car and I didn’t feel like getting up and limping out there to get it so I stole Roxie’s fleece throw. The forecast was for a low of 55 so I didn’t think I needed extra blankets. the humidity is still high.
OK so I’m not going to say I’m on a DIET (the dirtiest of the 4-letter words) but I am trying to lose weight. I don’t want to be that gigantic woman riding a motorized cart everywhere. Because let’s face it, when you see someone like that, do you think “Oh poor dear, she must have terrible arthritis or a knee injury”? No, you wonder if she lost weight, would she be able to walk. Er…don’t you? I kinda do. However lately I seem to keep slipping towards being her and not me, the girl who’s only chunky, not huge. Especially since I originally hurt my knee in February, I know I’ve gained weight since I don’t actually DO anything any more. My ortho doc in NC told me that for every pound you gain, it puts 20 extra pounds on your knees! Would that be 20# each, or 10# each? I don’t know but either way it’s pretty horrifying. Bring on the Hover-Round. It’s really a Catch 22 situation because once you have limited mobility, it’s way harder to lose weight.
I called a friend tonight and she mentioned buying cans of frosting and eating it with a spoon. Well YUMMO, what a great idea; I love frosting! (I hate her and I’m never calling her again.)
Another friend told about a way of losing weight where you eat conservatively 5 days a week, and every 3 days or so you eat only 500 calories a day. He’s losing a pound a week and is down 30# so far! Sounds good except I’m pretty sure I could never do a 500 calorie day since I don’t like salads or vegetables. What would that be, one mini Snickers bar?
So I’ve written down some Eating Rules:
- Don’t eat anything more after a meal (like dessert) until at least 20 minutes have passed since the last bite. I’ve been setting a timer and it works pretty well; usually after 20 minutes, I can maybe be satisfied with only one cookie, not a whole candy bar or two or three.
- A la “The Zone Diet”, try to always eat some fat & protein to balance out the carbs. It slows down the rate of glucose production.
- If you want candy, try to just eat a cookie or something not 100% sugar instead. Sometimes that backfires and you eat all kinds of “better” stuff but are never appeased until you eat that one thing you originally wanted.
- Don’t buy frosting in a can.
- Don’t eat after 10 pm.
- Really, don’t eat after 11 pm.
- Absolutely no eating after midnight.
I’m sure there must be more good, sensible rules that I’m missing….but I think these are a pretty good start.
Thank you everyone for the PayPal donations and for going through my Amazon link to place your orders! I get a smkall percentage of the order, based on number of items shipped. So even if you are only ordering an inexpensive item, it might be just the thing I needed to push me up into another percentage bracket! Here it is: http://amzn.to/2bQjE0z